Pages

Read and Review

I am always looking for new books to read and the best finds often come from recommendations so if you have a book you would like to see reviewed please send me an email at bookchaos.blogspot@hotmail.com

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Lost vs Lord of the Flies

The comparison has been made and rightly so between Lord of the Flies and the hit television series Lost. Being a huge Lost fan myself I started to analyze the two stories and how they paralleled each other. The biggest similarity is that both tell the story of people trapped on a deserted island. Both groups attempt to recreate the society that they have left behind and we get to see that time on the island can bring out both the best and worst in peoples character. I am only about half way through Lord of the Flies but I can assume that I will not be seeing any time travel or Darma groups but none the less I can't help but agree that the book must have been an influence to the writers and creators of Lost at least in the first two seasons.

I'll leave you with a video that tells the story of Lord of the Flies using Lost characters. Spoiler warning for anyone who has not read the book. Just click on the Lost image below and it will take you to the video.













No comments:

Post a Comment