Pages

Read and Review

I am always looking for new books to read and the best finds often come from recommendations so if you have a book you would like to see reviewed please send me an email at bookchaos.blogspot@hotmail.com

Friday, September 16, 2011

Book insperation

I was just wandering through the university book store on a work related mission and I could not help but take a peak at the English aisles. I saw many familiar titles from my university days and many others that I have on my to read list and even a few that I had not ever seen before and I was filled with a sense of inspiration and longing for the days when I could spend all day reading. I love book stores of all kinds. I can wander through Chapters for hours without getting bored and used book stores are my absolute favourite, the prices are right and there is something about the cramped space and floor to ceiling books that just makes me happy.

As a child I loved the library since it offered me a chance to read all my favourite books (Baby Sitters Club, VC Andrews, and Sweet Valley to name a few) for free and I could try out new titles and authors without committing to buying them. I am sad to say that I do not frequent the library so much these days. I think it has to to do with the hours spent in the library during my university career so I now see them as a place of forced study instead of quiet inspiration.

As I continue to grow and I start to analyze what I want to do with my life I have come to the realization that I need to turn my love of books into a career. I am not sure where to start on this exploration so I thought I would turn to the blog world. Are there and book friendly career areas that you can think of??

No comments:

Post a Comment